Services / Programs available to UC Davis accounts
• Office Pro Plus is available to all UC Davis accounts
• Box now provides unlimited storage to UC Davis accounts
As part of the university's efforts to address the increasing threats to the security of our information systems and data, UC Office of the President is rolling out a mandatory comprehensive security awareness training program for all UC employees. Studies have shown that a substantial number of cyber attacks involve the unintended actions of users of information systems, and this risk can be significantly lowered through an effective security awareness training program.
To this end, starting in October 2015, all UC employees (faculty, staff and student employees), regardless of previous training taken, will be required to complete the new UC Cyber Security Awareness Training by January 31, 2016. This is basic cybersecurity education that does not require any specialized technical knowledge. Because of the constantly changing challenges associated with cyber risk, this training program will be regularly updated and will be required annually.
This training will be delivered online through our UC Learning Center http://lms.ucdavis.edu and should take approximately 50 minutes to complete. During the week of October 19, all UC Davis employees will receive an automated e-mail from firstname.lastname@example.org with instructions for accessing the training.
New User Account and Email Set Up
1. Make sure to confirm with Sophia Gersalia(email@example.com) that you are in the system. Ask her for your employee ID number.
2. Ask your supervisor or IT staff to borrow their computer. You can also use your own device if you have one. Go to http://accounts.ucdavis.edu and click on the first link, 'Get your UC Davis Computing Account.' Follow the steps to create your account.
3. Notify Crocker IT of your login id that was created in Step 2. You can contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line "Mailbox Request" or tell us in person in Mezzanine 203. We will contact you when your mailbox is created.
4. Once you hear back from us, go back to http://accounts.ucdavis.edu and click on link 'Email Forwarding.' Log in with your information and check the box next to 'Deliver to account:". In the blank space to the right of it, put in your login id followed by '@ad3.ucdavis.edu'. For example, if your login id is JSmith00, then you want it to show as 'JSmith00@ad3.ucdavis.edu'. Fill out and finish any following steps. You're now set up to receive emails.
If a piece of software is not available here that you need, we can order it for you and install it on the terminal server (for thin clients) or your desktop. Just send us a software request at email@example.com.
Available on the terminal server:
Adobe Acrobat XI Pro
eDrawings 2014 (SolidWorks 2014)
Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Microsoft Visual FoxPro 9.0 Professional
Proteus 8 Professional
USPS Meter Label Solution foremely 'Click-N-Ship for Business'
For any support related request please submit a help ticket by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.
For any urgent request that requires immediate assistance feel free to call us during working hours.